Welcome to the health information site for Norton City Schools. From this site, you will be able to access health forms, as well as health alerts. As the school nurse, I strive to provide health care for our students and maintain up to date health records for them. As parents/guardians, providing student health information is necessary and helpful.
Thank you for your assistance. Check back for updates and alerts.
Jennifer Hughes RN
- Information about Enterovirus D68
- Information about Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease
- Zika Virus Disease Information
- Norovirus Key Facts
How can I protect my child against the flu?
Get a seasonal flu vaccine for yourself and your child to protect against seasonal flu viruses.
Take everyday steps to prevent the spread of all flu viruses. This includes:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
- If soap and water are not available, alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Germs spread this way.
- Teach your child to take these actions too.
- Try to keep your child from having close contact (about 6 feet) with sick people.
- Including anyone in the household who is sick.
- Keep surfaces like bedside tables, surfaces in the bathroom, kitchen counters and toys for children clean by wiping them down with a household disinfectant accoring to directions on the product label.
- Throw away tissues with other disposable items used by sick person in your household in the trash.
To visit the U.S. Government website: FLU.gov